FCRT Podcast: Jerry Ashton Author of RIP Medical Debt
In this edition of the Financial Consumer Rights Talk, attorney Adam Deutsch discusses medical debt with author Jerry Ashton, a veteran, gadfly and critic of the excesses of the credit and collections industry.
Inspired by the Occupy Wall Street movement’s “Rolling Jubilee” campaign against medical debt, he came out of semi-retirement in 2014 to co-found RIP Medical Debt with the goal of removing one billion dollars in unpaid and unpayable personal medical bills from the backs of fellow Americans. Their motto states the case clearly: Abolishing medical debt. For good.
In addition to co-authoring the book The Patient, The Doctor and The Bill Collector: An Obamacare and Medical Debt Collections Survival Guide, Jerry blogs at the Huffington Post and tweets as @RIPMedicalDebt.
Article link about RIP Medical Debt: http://www.yesmagazine.org/new-economy/these-former-debt-collectors-decided-to-ditch-the-industry-buy-up-medical-debt-and-forgive-it-20150817
Media CBS News link re: RIP – http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/07/17/seen-at-11-a-phone-call-from-collectors-that-can-actually-get-you-out-of-debt/
Latest posts by DenbeauxMedia (see all)
- NJ Woman’s Estate Wins Battle with Mortgage Company After Death - January 30, 2017
- New Jersey Still Bogged Down in Foreclosures While Rest of Country Recovering - January 26, 2017
- Lack of Regulation of ‘Shadow Banking System’ Caused Housing Crisis - January 11, 2017
- HAMP Eligibility Ends December 30, 2016 - November 21, 2016
- HAMP Loan Modification to End : Date Announced - November 17, 2016