Debt Collector Tactics: Suing Based on An Old Address
Adam Deutsch Esq., attorney for the law firm of Denbeaux and Denbeaux, reflects on what he has encountered from the many people contacting the firm over recent months who have been sued by the law firm of Pressler and Pressler.
The specific tactic that has come up is using an old address to file a complaint,and get a judgment. The result is that wages are garnished without the person even knowing that they were sued.
Adam shares some thoughts on his way into Newark District Court. He was at court this day representing a client whose RESPA’s right were violated.
Latest posts by DenbeauxMedia (see all)
- NJ Woman’s Estate Wins Battle with Mortgage Company After Death - January 30, 2017
- New Jersey Still Bogged Down in Foreclosures While Rest of Country Recovering - January 26, 2017
- Lack of Regulation of ‘Shadow Banking System’ Caused Housing Crisis - January 11, 2017
- HAMP Eligibility Ends December 30, 2016 - November 21, 2016
- HAMP Loan Modification to End : Date Announced - November 17, 2016